Tuesday 28 November 2006

Congratulations are in order!

"Lucky" Lloyd O'Farrell took down the Green Joker Poker festival at the weekend. I'm absolutely delighted for the chap, playing in the biggest tournament he's ever played in against a QUALITY field. Well he outlasted them all and took down approx €32,000... good man lloydy!

How goes my challenge... as i said i couldnt handle the micro stakes so started playing .10/.25 on stars. I prematurely moved up stakes and played .25/.50 for a bit, ran well before crashing back to earth. I've decided i'm going to stick to the .10/.25 for a bit until i get a healthier bankroll that can take a few losing sessions at the .25/.50 level.

My cash game play has never been great, relying heavily on the deck hitting me hard. So i've tried to loosen up my game. I'm trying to see alot of flops cheaply and at this level i'm noticing alot of players happy to drop hands after the flop so i'm making alot of action post flop. My stack is going up and down more vigerously but steadily growing.

Lessons slowly being learned:
1. don't go broke with top pair
2. play small pots with small hands, play big pots with big hands.
3. DO SOMETHING ABOUT TILT!!

I know 1 and 2 seem obvious enough, and 3 is something i have to work on.

Once again, congrats to lloyd on his win!

No comments: