Saturday 25 November 2006

And so it starts....

In true student style my only method of getting cash onto my new PokerStars account was via a player transfer, so i handed 50 yoyo's to richie (rp171) and got a fairly generous exchange and am sitting pretty on a huge $66. From the outset I have managed to go against my great plan of only 5% of my bankroll at risk at anyone time as i simply lacked the discipline to play the .01/.02 tables for an extended period of time. Having tilted off $6 in these games i figured i'd have to play SLIGHTLY higher and took $10 into a .10/.25 table... i ran ok in this and messed with gushansent3 and busted him twice, getting in cheap with trash hands and hitting raggy flops. Got out of this table on a health $25 dollars...

Following a quick bathroom break I sat down in another .10/.25 game, again with $10. I figure this $10 buy in works nicely at this level for 6handed games, gives you enough to play SOME poker. What i've been doing is playing alot of pots, and playing aggresively preflop. At this level my initial thinking is that i can raise alot preflop, but on the flop im only getting action off players who have some of it. Had a tasty hand with A8 in big blind, flop A88... stacked the SB who had X8... so another profitable session BUT i know i cant expect to hit flops that hard all the time.

I have decided to use checkyourbets.com as its useful for stat tracking on some level, i know its no POKER TRACKER or anything but i want to have a run at this before i start messing with poker software.

On another note, LuckyLloyd is playing the GJP main event and has just made the money, so figured what better way to congratulate than to mention him in my first poker blog posting!

No comments: